- Terminal’s Safety and Security Regulation
Safety Rules (Individual)
Safe Acts / Positions
- Maintain a safe distance from equipment gantry paths.
- Maintain discipline and order while at work
- Take rest only at authorized places.
- Climb ladders, stairs, containers, stacks, spreaders or equipment in a safe manner.
- Maintain a safe distance from a container, which is lifted or lowered.
- Adopt a safe position at the edge of ships, hatches, container tops, unguarded openings, wharf aprons, equipment or work areas.
- Keep clear of all areas between suspended load and stationary object.
- Keep clear of any suspended load, paths of suspended loads, unstable stacks or paths of moving equipment.
- Work or permit only people who are not under the influence of drink or drug or any substance that impairs judgment or action to work.
- Adopt a safe position in the operational areas at all times.
Safety in the Terminal
- All vehicles shall comply with the speed limit of 25 km per hour.
- Prime movers entering the terminal with containers are to ensure that the containers are locked with the locking pins.
- They are to follow the directional signs of the terminal.
- PM drivers are advised not to make sharp turns when negotiating turns.
- Drivers are advised to unlock the twist lock before the RTG lifts the loads from the Chassis.
- The Prime movers are to ensure that the load has clear from the chassis lane before driving off.
- Prim mover driver and the assistant is to ensure that the spreader if free from the container that has been landed on the prime mover before driving off.
- Smoking either in the vehicles or whilst in the yard premises is strictly prohibited.
- Drivers, assistants’, or any other persons are advised not to loiter in the yard.
- They re not to walk carelessly on the chassis lane.
- All drivers, assistants and other personnel are advised not to walk on the gantry path of the RTGs.
- All personnel are not to walk in between the container slots.
- Customers are advised to not to walk below suspended load.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in the terminal premises.
Wharf / Vessel
- The wharf is a hardhat area and all visitors are to wear the safety helmet when they are visiting the wharf.
- All visitors are not allowed on board ships except on business or with prior permission.
- Parking of cars are strictly prohibited at the wharf area, and vehicles driving to the wharf apron for any purpose with permission may do so at their own risk.
- No visitors are allowed to stand below suspended load either on the wharf or on board ships.
- Sitting at the wharf edge and bollards is strictly prohibited.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited at the terminal.